Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chp. 4 (DeVries)

When I read this chapter about tutoring it reminded me of when I was in the first grade and the sessions we would have with a volunteer. Each student in my class got to spend a varying amount of time with one of our classmate's Grandpa. He was a really sweet older man, and was very patient. I wouldn't call them tutoring sessions but more like one on one reading time because everyone did it. I just remember loving it because it made me feel special to have that time spent individually.

I also liked this chapter because I have often thought about what you do as a teacher to make sure no one falls behind, like what do you actually do for those who truly struggle. As a future first year teacher, you like to think you can be Superwoman and do it all, but like the scenario at the beginning said with Mrs. Hughes, you won't reach them all individually if you don't use your resources. Tutoring is definitely something I will spend time educating myself on so that I will be able to offer that service to the students that will be in need of that extra assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment